Monday, August 15, 2011

Busy Busy Busy need a breather!

Me: Hi there I'm Anielle and I'm a workaholic
Everyone: Hi Anielle

Seriously what woman in her right mind would take on two jobs while being a mom and a full time student...let alone FIVE jobs!

I've always been told I'm a little on the weird side. Yes folks this crazy woman is now working 5 jobs.  I went for a interview the other day, the gentleman then sent me to another shop and that got turned into an unexpected interview on the spot.  The second interview was at a consignment shop to sell some of my jewelry.  When I got home some friends getting ready to start selling costumes for the Renaissance faires asked if I would be interested in working for them sewing beads and jewels on to the belly dance costumes.  I took them up on it.  I'll also be spotted at the Texas Renaissance festival from time to time at booths 501 and 502 where I worked last year showing the new hawkers how the job is done and giving breaks as needed, I planned on doing this as a favor to my boss because she went an hour out of her way in the spring time for a faire to pick me up and take me to the Sherwood Forest Faire so I could earn enough money on the weekend to pay for my cell phone bill.  However she wants to pay me if I make any sells for her whenever I give a hawker a break if the break is needed, I will also be getting a couple of complimentry tickets for doing this so I can get into faire with my stepson and see his daddy selling dip-n-dots or kettle corn.  So far in the story we are now up to 3 jobs, don't forget I have my own web shop that makes 4 (sadly we are off line at the moment the host site got hacked and we are having to start over.)  I sign  into my email around midnight this morning, remember that first interview that kicked of this story?  It was to work part time for the gentleman by helping organize his work shop and designing steampunk jewelry.  He hired me!  Right now the payment for that job is set up as an hourly wage plus a percentage on the sells that come from my designs!

Every single job i have now except for the jewelry shop hand/designer one is sporadic pay so that will be our grocery money while my boyfriend pays for daycare.

But that's not all folks!  Nope not finished, I also volunteered this summer to teach 2 pagan classes online, Stones (the jewelry artist had to jump at the chance to teach this class lol) and Gods/Goddesses.  A lesson a month I'm currently writing my lessons and submitting them for review I hope to have all of the lessons finished by the end of this week.  Teaching for the whole online school starts in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment