Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Of Cuddles and Routine

Little Dragon has been sick for weeks now and started vomiting last week he was ok on Sunday though heat and bumpy rides at faire on Saturday kept him sick.  He threw up again on monday and today he's ok but refusing to eat or drink much.  I finally got him to drink almost a cup and a half of watered down gatorade.  (The on-call nurse told us to keep him on a steady diet of liquids.)  He wouldn't drink it at the table, so I put him back to bed for a while then he woke up and I thought I'd try again and see if he wanted it.  He wouldn't take until I pulled him in my lap and held him like he was a new born again.  I'm going to hate it when he grows up.  With him being sick and having some motion sickness with this ear infection I have a friend making me a mei tai baby wrap with fabrics that are allowable for faire so I can stay pretty period while having a baby on my back.



Routine wise, we took Little dragon out of daycare last week, its just too expensive it costs more than our rent to keep him in there and we only need him looked after once a week on Wednesdays so I can go to school.  A friend of mine is watching him tomorrow because I can't miss this first test in Medieval Literature.  But with the little one back at home (not like he could go to daycare when he's sick anyhow) I'm falling back into the stay at home mom routine and I love it!  I don't know how my boyfriend will feel but I'm loving this stay at home mom gig.  I'm doing all the cleaning now so he doesn't have to worry about it, as well as looking after the baby, and doing homework.  I seriously love this job, I guess I was meant to be a mom and "wife" after all :)  I've already folded 2 loads of laundry and have another load in the washer and one in the dryer.  (Our tent flooded at faire so everything is wet and covered in mildew so I'm trying to make everything spotless including my friend's garb that was left in our car.)  I'm also looking at some of my mundane clothing ("Mundane" is the word us rennies use for you normal people lol)  and with a pull here and a scarf there it can be perfect for garb so you wont see me buying any more garb for a long while (blouses at least.)  One skirt I found can be garb and I'm making myself a second draw string skirt, and two over skirts.  I now have 3 blouses I can wear, a corset, 4 skirts, 2 over skirts, an apron, a pair of sandals, and a beautiful red velvet hooded cloak...earning me my 2nd faire name "Red Ridding Hood."  My first faire name is "Four Tails" because I wear a blue leather belt with 4 fox tails attached to it.  Now all I have to do is make some head pieces (Bought one for $10 and it's already lost some where at faire.)  Oh and I have to make Little dragon some more shirts and pants.  He has 3 shirts now, 2 short sleeve tunics, a long sleeve pirate shirt, and a full "fancy" pirate halloween costume for warmer weather, we didn't expect it to rain on us so we didn't pack it for sunday so I bought him the pirate shirt, and a little black cloak.

No comments:

Post a Comment